Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2016

lionel Messi retirement

Lionel Messi has announced that he has retired from international football. The news comes after Messi missed a penalty shootout for Argentina an the Copa America final after the team lost out to Chile 4-2 on penalties. Lionel Messi  made his decision and said "I think it's best for everyone, for me and for many people who want it. The choice for me is over, it is a decision I tried many times to be a champion but it did not work out good." He has made it to four major finals with the Argentina national team but he has never taken home a trophy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sebastian,

    My name is Rachel and I am the leader of the holiday blogging programme called a Winter Learning Journey. It starts today and I really hope that you are able to join us! There are a total of 21 activities for you to choose from and each activity is worth points. The more points you earn, the more likely you are to win a prize at the end of the holiday.

    I hope that you'll consider joining our journey!

    Cheers, Rachel

    P.S. I was so interested to read your post about Lionel Messi's retirement. That was a huge announcement and it really rocked the soccer community. I have read a bit about it myself and it sounds like some people believe that he will actually return to the pitch and 'un' retire next year. What do you think might happen?

    ReplyDelete